- 9 ounces Broccoli
- 2 Bell peppers (1 each red and green, each approximately 200 grams)
- 1 Onion (about 50 grams)
- 1 red Chile pepper
- 1 Garlic clove
- 1 Mango (400 grams)
- 7 ounces Tofu (preferably almond milk tofu)
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon ground Cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground Cilantro
- 1 teaspoon ground Ginger root
- 3 tablespoons Soy sauce
- ¾ cup Vegetable broth
- ¾ cup Coconut milk (9% fat)
- 1 tablespoon toasted Sliced almonds (about 10 grams)
Trim broccoli, rinse and cut into small florets.
Halve the bell peppers, remove seeds, rinse and dice. Peel onion and cut into rings.
Rinse chile pepper, cut in half lengthwise, remove seeds and chop very fine. Peel the garlic and chop finely.
Peel the mango with a potato peeler. Cut flesh cut from the pit and dice.
Pat tofu dry and cut into 2 cm (approximately 3/4 inch) cubes.
Heat oil in a pot. Add cumin, turmeric, coriander and ginger and briefly sauté while stirring over medium heat. Add bell peppers, onion, chile pepper, garlic and tofu and fry briefly.
Add soy sauce, vegetable broth and coconut milk. Stir in broccoli and mango, cover and cook for 10 minutes over medium heat. Season with salt and pepper, sprinkle with toasted almonds and serve.