- 2 bunches Dill
- 1 bunch parsley
- 2 teaspoons grated Lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons white peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons yellow Mustard seed
- 150 grams coarse Sea salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed Juniper berries
- 100 grams sugar
- ½ fresh Salmon (with skin 600 g)
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- to serve
- fennel seeds
Rinse the herbs, shake dry and chop finely. Transfer to a bowl with with the spices and mix to combine.
Spread half of the mixture on the bottom of a flat, form the same size as the salmon. Place the salmon skin-side down and spread the remaining mixture over. Cover with foil and refrigerate 1 - 2 days, turning the salmon over occasionally.
Remove the salmon from the pickling mixture and rinse under cold running water several minutes. Pat dry with paper towels. Cut the salmon into 2 cm (approximately 3/4-inch) thick slices. Place the fennel seeds in a bowl and dredge the salmon slices on one side in the fennel. Then cut the slices of salmon into 2cm (approximately 3/4-inch) cubes and place on a serving plate. Serve with skewers.