Peppered Bass with Vegetables
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Mirin
- 2 Tbsps soy sauce
- 4 white fish fillets (such as bass, approx. 200 g each)
- 1 tsp cracked Black pepper
- 1 Tbsp pink peppercorns (lightly crushed)
- 1 tsp Coriander (crushed)
- 1 tsp black Sesame seeds
- ½ small Cauliflower (prepared into small florets)
- ½ small Broccoli (prepared into small florets)
- 1 zucchini (peeled at intervals down the length of it and sliced)
Whisk together the olive oil, mirin and soy sauce. Marinade the fish fillets in this mixture for 15 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 220°C (200 fan) | 425°F | gas 7.
Remove the fish from the marinade and sprinkle the tops with black pepper, crushed coriander seeds, crushed red peppercorns and black sesame seeds. Arrange on a baking tray and spoon over a little of the marinade before roasting for 8-10 minutes until cooked through and springy to the touch.
Meanwhile, steam the vegetables in a double boiler until tender and arrange on serving plates. Place the fish fillets on top and spoon any accumulated juices from the baking tray over the fish and vegetables before serving.