Tomato and Potato Soup with Fish
- 8 tomatoes
- 1 shallot
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- 200 milliliters Tomato sauce
- 400 milliliters Vegetable broth
- 200 grams potatoes
- 400 grams Fish (such as perch, trout)
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano (chopped)
- Tabasco sauce
- freshly ground peppers (from the mill)
- 1 stalk Leeks (only green parts)
Rinse tomatoes, halve and remove stalks, chop.
Peel shallots and garlic and chop finely.
Peel potatoes and dice.
Skin and bone fish, dice. Heat oil in a pan and saute shallots and garlic for a few minutes. Add tomato paste, broth and tomato juice. Add potatoes, tomatoes and paprika. Simmer for approximately 20 minutes on low heat.
Rinse and dry leek, cut into about 10 cm (approximately 4 inch) long and thin strips. Place into cold water so that they roll up. Drain on paper towels.
Add fish to tomato sauce and simmer for another 10 minutes. Season with salt, sugar, tabasco and pepper. Place soup into bowls and garnish with leek. Serve.