Fish Soup with Potatoes and Tomatoes
- 4 ripe tomatoes (skinned, seeded and chopped)
- 3 onions (peeled, cut into rings)
- 2 potatoes (peeled and sliced)
- 1 kilogram mixed fish fillets (cut into bite-sized pieces)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 ⅕ liters fish stock
- 1 small can Saffron
- freshly ground peppers
- 1 tablespoon parsley (finely chopped)
- 4 tablespoons Crouton
In a pot, cook onions in hot oil until translucent. Add potatoes and sauté a few minutes. Add tomatoes, fish stock, herbs (except parsley) and spices.
Simmer about 10 minutes, season to taste and add fish. Bring to a boil briefly and stir in chopped parsley. Serve soup immediately, sprinkled with croutons.