- 4 ripe Tomatoes (skinned, seeded and chopped)
- 3 Onions (peeled, cut into rings)
- 2 Potatoes (peeled and sliced)
- 1 kilogram mixed fish fillet (cut into bite-sized pieces)
- 3 tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Thyme leaves
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1 ⅕ liters Fish stock
- 1 small can Saffron
- freshly ground Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Parsley (finely chopped)
- 4 tablespoons Crouton
In a pot, cook onions in hot oil until translucent. Add potatoes and sauté a few minutes. Add tomatoes, fish stock, herbs (except parsley) and spices.
Simmer about 10 minutes, season to taste and add fish. Bring to a boil briefly and stir in chopped parsley. Serve soup immediately, sprinkled with croutons.