Chicken and Spinach Pesto Orzo Salad
8,9 / 10
ready in 33 min.
- For Spinach Pesto
- 0.333 cup Pine nuts
- 4 cups baby Spinach (rinsed and stems trimmed)
- 2 cloves garlic cloves (peeled and pressed)
- ⅔ cup grated Parmesan (packed)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- salt (to taste)
- 4 tablespoons good-quality olive oil
- freshly ground Black pepper (to taste)
For Spinach Pesto:
Dry roast the pine nuts in a nonstick skillet set over medium heat, shaking the skillet back and forth until the pine nuts are golden brown. Set aside to cool.
In the bowl of a food processor, arrange the spinach, garlic, toasted pine nuts, Parmesan cheese, lemon juice, and season with salt and pepper. Drizzle the oil over the top and puree until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
For Orzo Salad:
Cook the orzo in a pot of salted boiling water according to package instructions until al dente, about 8 minutes. Drain well and immediately combine with the pesto; mixing well.
Add the chicken, cherry tomatoes, spinach and lemon juice to the pasta. Stir gently to combine. Taste and adjust salt, pepper and/or lemon juice as needed. Chill prior to serving.