Oriental-style Orzo and Chicken Salad
ready in 32 min.
- 2 cups shelled, frozen Edamame
- 2 ⅔ cups Orzo
- 3 cups cooked rotisserie chicken (cold)
- 4 scallions (whites and greens cleaned and sliced thin)
- 2 medium, red Bell pepper (rinsed; cored and diced)
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame oil (to taste)
- 2 tsps fresh ginger (grated)
- ¼ cup Rice wine vinegar
- ¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbsps Hoisin sauce
- ¼ cup toasted slivered almonds
Blanch the edamame in boiling, salted water for 2 to 3 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water and drain again. Set aside.
Cook orzo in boiling, salted water according to package directions or until al dente. Drain well.
In a large bowl, combine the edamame, orzo, chicken, green onions and bell peppers. In a separate bowl, whisk the vegetable oil, sesame oil, grated ginger, vinegar, soy sauce and hoisin sauce together. Pour sauce over the orzo mixture and toss to combine. Stir in toasted almonds.
Cover and chill until ready to serve. Serve cold or at room temperature.