Steak Strips on Toast with Tomatoes
- 1 Sirloin steak (About 120 grams)
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs (made from day-old white bread, or substitute breadcrumbs, 40 grams)
- 1 garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon Caper (drained and finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 150 grams Cherry tomatoes
- 1 slice Italian white bread (toasted or broiled)
- freshly ground peppers
- olive oil
In a food processor, finely grind breadcrumbs. In a bowl, mix breadcrumbs with 1 tablespoon olive oil, thyme, capers and garlic. Season with pepper and salt and mix well.
Rinse and halve cherry tomatoes. In a pan, sauté tomatoes in 1 tablespoon oil, about 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper and place tomatoes on the toasted bread slices.
Place seasoned breadcrumbs in a shallow dish. Dredge steak in breadcrumbs, pressing firmly to help them adhere. Without adding fat, heat pan. Add breaded steak and cook 2-3 minutes per side, pressing firming with a spatula.
Cut steak into strips and place on the tomatoes. Garnish with thyme and serve immediately.