Chicken and Cheese Burritos
This recipe is protein, carbs, and healthy fats all rolled up into one. It is extremely well rounded with the combination of chicken, vegetables, cheese, and tortillas, making it perfect for lunch or dinner, whether you're at home or at the office.
For a lower carb variation, serve this as a burrito bowl without the tortilla.
- 1 onion (finely diced)
- 3 Tbsps vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp tomato puree
- ⅞ cup Long grain rice
- 14 fluid ozs vegetable stock
- ½ cup Kidney beans (canned, drained)
- 2 Chicken breasts (approx. 4 ounces each)
- Chili powder
- 1 Avocado
- 1 tsp Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tomatoes (quartered, deseeded and sliced)
- 4 flour Tortillas
- ½ cup grated Cheddar cheese
Preheat the oven to 425°F and line a baking tray with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
Divide the rice, chicken, tomatoes, and guacamole between the tortillas and sprinkle with cheese. Roll up and place on the baking tray with the seam at the bottom. Bake in the oven for around 5 minutes until the cheese begins to melt. Remove from the oven and serve.