Steak with Orange and Onions
Steak is the star of this dish and imbues it with powerful protein, while orange adds valuable flavor and immune-boosting vitamin C, and the apples provide valuable fiber.
Couscous is a delicious addition to this meal and adds valuable nutrients like selenium.
- 3 tart Apple (e. g. Granny Smith, cut into small pieces)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons Fruit Vinegar
- Chili powder
- 1 tablespoon brown Mustard seed
- 1 teaspoon black Sesame seeds
- 2 Star anise
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric
- 1 Orange (filleted and chopped)
- 2 ½ cups fresh Pearl onion (or from a jar, halved)
- 4 Steak (approx. 7 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil