Shellfish with Lime and Red Onion
9,5 / 10
- 6 Tbsps olive oil
- 13 cups mussels (scrubbed)
- 1 large Red onion (peeled, quartered and thinly sliced)
- 2 Limes (quartered and thinly sliced)
- 2 red peppers (seeded and diced)
- 1 chili pepper (seeded and finely chopped)
- 2 Lemongrass (finely chopped)
- 1 sprig Basil (shredded)
- 2 Tbsps lemon juice
Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a cooking pot. Add the mussels and season. Add a glass of water and cover. Cook for 6 minutes, stirring occasionally. When the shells are wide open, remove mussels from pot and shell them. Leave to cool.
Mix the mussels, onion, lime, peppers and chilli a bowl. Add the lemongrass and basil. Cover with cling film and leave in a cool place for 1 hour.
Prepare a salad dressing with the rest of the oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Just before serving, pour the dressing over the salad and mix together well. Serve chilled.