Indian Spiced Meat Dish
9,9 / 10
ready in 2 h. 10 min.
- 6 ½ cups lamb (shoulder or leg, diced)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger (grated)
- 2 onions (diced)
- 2 garlic (diced)
- 1 finely chopped, red chile pepper
- 1 tablespoon red Curry paste
- ½ teaspoon Turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cilantro
- 1 ½ cups lamb stock
- 4 medium tomatoes (peeled and diced)
- cilantro (to garnish)
Fry the meat in hot oil on all sides. Stir in the ginger, onions, garlic and chill and fry for a further 2-3 minutes. Add the curry paste, turmeric and ground coriander and deglaze with the lamb stock.
Add the tomatoes, season with salt and ground black pepper and braise with a lid on for around 90 minutes, stirring occasionally. If necessary add a little more stock.
Finally, season with salt and ground black pepper and serve garnished with coriander with a side of rice if desired.