Winter Salad with Chicken
- 2 Grapefruit
- ½ lemon (juice)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 4 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- freshly ground peppers
- 3 ½ ounces Kumquat
- 4 Chicken breasts (each approximately 4 oz)
- 1 tablespoon clarified butter
- 1 Endive
- 8 ounces mixed Lettuce (such as radicchio, frisee lettuce, dandelion, lamb's lettuce)
- 2 tablespoons Pumpkin seed (toasted)
- 2 tablespoons Sunflower seed (toasted)
Peel grapefruit, rinse and cut into segments. Collect resulting grapefruit juice. Mix grapefruit juice in a bowl with honey, 2-3 tablespoons water and oil and season with salt and pepper.
Add lemon juice and a little salt, sugar and pepper and gradually add oil with a whisk.
Rinse kumquats, cut crosswise into thin slices and stir into the dressing.
Rinse chicken breasts, pat dry and season with salt and pepper. Heat butter in a pan over medium heat and fry chicken for 2-3 minutes on each side. Remove from heat and leave until done.
Rinse endive and lettuce, trim and tear into small pieces. To serve, arrange lettuce and endive on plates. Cut chicken breasts into slices and place on the salad. Drizzle with the dressing and sprinkle with pumpkin and sunflower seeds.