Warm Winter Salad
9,4 / 10
ready in 1 hr 20 min.
- 3.333 cups Sweet potato (cubed)
- olive oil
- 2 Red onions (diced)
- 2 ¼ cups Green beans (trimmed)
- 3 Oranges (2 filleted, 1 juiced)
- 2 Tbsps Wine vinegar
- 0.333 cup vegetable stock
- 2 Tbsps fresh Fresh herbs (parsley and mint)
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 Cucumber (halved lengthways, deseeded and chopped)
- 1 red Oak leaf lettuce (torn into bite-sized pieces)
- 1 bunch mint
Cook the potatoes in a saucepan of boiling, salted water until tender, 20 - 25 minutes. Drain well.
Fry the potatoes in 2-3 tbsp hot oil for around 10 min until golden brown. During the last 5 min, add the onion. Season with salt and ground black pepper.
Cook the beans in boiling salt water for around 8 min. Drain and stir into the potatoes.
Mix together the orange juice, vinegar, stock, herbs and 4-5 tbsp oil and season with salt, ground black pepper and honey.
Arrange the potatoes on a platter along with the cucumber, lettuce, mint and orange fillets. Serve drizzled with the dressing.