Spicy Sausage and Potato Stew
8,4 / 10
- 2 onions (peeled and finely chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1 cup Chorizo (peeled and sliced)
- 1 ½ cups canned tomatoes (chopped)
- 2 ⅔ cups potatoes
- 2 Tbsps olive oil
- 2 tsps ground Cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- cayenne pepper
- 2 chili peppers (de-seeded and chopped)
- ⅔ cup dry Red wine
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 ½ cups canned chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- To garnish
- 2 whole chili peppers
- 2 Tbsps chopped, fresh cilantro
Wash and peel the potatoes and cut into quarters lengthwise.
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet and cook the onions, chorizo and garlic slices. Add the potatoes and fry all together for a couple of minutes. Then stir in the cumin, paprika, cayenne pepper, chilies and tomatoes.
Add the wine and 350 ml/1 1/2 cups water and season with salt, pepper and vinegar. Put a lid on the pan and cook over a medium heat for 20 minutes.
Stir the garbanzo beans into the chilli and cook for a further 10 minutes.
Season with salt and pepper and serve scattered with fresh whole chillies and coriander leaves.