Spicy Chicken Patties
7,9 / 10
ready in 1 hr 32 min.
- 16 ozs lean ground chicken (or turkey)
- 2 Tbsps breadcrumbs (or panko)
- 1 Tbsp freshly grated ginger
- ½ tsp ground White pepper
- 2 tsps hot Chili sauce (Sambal Oelek recommended)
- 1 clove garlic cloves (peeled and finely minced)
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest (freshly grated)
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp scallions (white and green parts finely chopped)
- 2 Tbsps fresh cilantro (finely chopped)
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- fresh Dill to garnish (optional)
- sweet Chili sauce (for dipping)
You may substitute pork instead of using chicken or turkey.
Place the ground chicken in a large mixing bowl. Add the breadcrumbs, ginger, white pepper, chili sauce, garlic, lemon juice, lemon zest, soy sauce, scallions, and cilantro. Mix thoroughly, so ingredients are evenly blend. Using clean hands, shape into 8 mini-burgers. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour or up to 8 hours. Do not skip this step or burgers will not hold together.
Preheat a well seasoned cast iron grill, set over medium heat. Add the vegetable oil. Add the chilled mini-burgers, do not over crowd. Cook for 4 to 6 minutes per side, turning once, until chicken is cooked through and burgers are golden brown.
Transfer burgers to a paper towel lined plate and tent loosely with aluminum foil. Let rest for about 4 to 5 minutes.
Garnish with fresh dill and serve with sweet chili sauce or your favorite dipping sauce.