Sea Bass with Potato Topping
- 400 grams festkochende potatoes
- 100 grams Bacon (in slices)
- 8 Sea bass fillet (ready to cook, skinless, about 90 grams)
- lemon juice
- 1 shallot
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 ½ tablespoons butter
- 1 ½ tablespoons Pastry flour
- 150 milliliters dry white wine
- 250 milliliters fish stock
- 100 milliliters Whipped cream
- 1 teaspoon freshly chopped thyme
- thyme (for garnish)
Preheat the oven to 200°C (approximately 400°F).
Peel, rinse and slice the potatoes into thin slices. Pat the discs dry. Cut the bacon into pieces.
Rinse the fish, pat dry, Season with salt and pepper, drizzle with lemon juice and place on a lined baking sheet.
Place potato and bacon slices on the fish fillets, press lightly, sprinkle with salt and bake until golden brown for about 20 minutes in the preheated oven.
Meanwhile, peel the shallot and garlic, chop finely and sweat in a pot with 1.5 tablespoons melted butter. Add in the flour, sauté and pour in the wine. Add the stock and the cream and simmer for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in the thyme.
Serve the fish fillets on plates, garnish with thyme and serve with the sauce.