- 2 tablespoons black and white Peppercorns
- 4 Allspice berries
- 4 Steak fillets about 200 grams (approximately 7 ounces) each
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable oil
- 40 grams Butter
- 4 tablespoons Cognac (or brandy)
- 300 milliliters Whipping cream
- Lemon juice
Coarsely crush the peppercorns and allspice berries in a mortar and sprinkle onto the steaks.
Heat the vegetable oil on high in a large pan and sear the steaks for 2 minutes per side. Reduce the heat to low and continue cooking for about 4 minutes, turning occasionally. Transfer the steaks to a plate, cover with aluminum foil and let rest for 5 minutes.
Add the butter and cognac into the pan and cook until frothy. Stir in the whipping cream and bring to a simmer. Season with salt and lemon juice to taste. Spoon the sauce onto plates, top with the steaks and serve immediately.