Pea Curry with Fresh Cilantro
- 250 grams new potatoes
- 1 kilogram Peas (in pods) (or 300 grams frozen) (approximately 11 ounces)
- 2 carrots
- juice of 1 lemons
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 Red chile pepper
- 2 tablespoons Curry
- Iodized salt
- 300 milliliters Vegetable broth
- 2 zucchini (with blossoms)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- fresh cilantro (and lemon wedges for garnish)
Peel the potatoes, rinse and dice. Remove the peas from their pods. Peel the carrots and cut into slices.
Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the vegetables and chile and sauté briefly. Add the lemon juice and curry and season with salt and pepper. Pour in the broth, cover and simmer for about 20 minutes.
Rinse the zucchini, set the blossoms aside and slice the zucchini. Add the zucchini slices to the curry and simmer for 5 minutes. Mix the cornstarch with a little cold water until smooth, add to the curry and bring to a boil. Chop the zucchini blossoms and fold into the curry. Season with salt and pepper and serve garnished with cilantro and lemon wedges.