for 12 cupcakes
- ⅔ cup self-rising flour (sifted)
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder (sifted)
- ½ cup superfine caster sugar
- ½ cup butter (softened)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- To decorate
- 1.333 cups double cream
- 2 tablespoons white chocolate
- 2 tablespoons Dark chocolate Sprinkles
- 12 mini, milk chocolate buttons
Ask an adult to preheat the oven to 190°C (170 fan) | 375°F | gas 5.
Put the cake ingredients in a bowl and beat together with a wooden spoon while you count to 50 for a really fluffy batter.
Fill 12 paper cases in a cupcake tray with the mixture then ask an adult to put the tray in the oven. After 15 minutes, they need to test the cakes with a skewer - if it comes out clean the cakes are done. Leave to cool completely.
Whisk the cream until it holds its shape, then spoon it into a piping bag fitted with a large star nozzle.
Pipe a swirl onto the cakes and scatter over the chocolate flakes and sprinkles before finishing each one with a mini chocolate button.
Difficulty rating: challenging Top tip: Try adding 50 g of chocolate chips to the cake mixture for an extra chocolaty taste.