Hearty Scharrn (Pancake) with Pancetta
- 100 grams Semolina
- 150 grams Pastry flour
- 200 milliliters milk
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped Fresh herbs (such as thyme and basil)
- 200 milliliters Tomato juice
- 4 eggs
- ½ teaspoon sweet ground paprika
- salt (and)
- freshly ground peppers
- 120 grams smoked Pancetta
- 1 tablespoon clarified butter
- 80 grams grated Cheese (such as Bergkäse)
- thyme (for garnish)
Stir the semolina together with the flour, milk, herbs and tomato juice until smooth. Stir in the eggs and season with paprika, salt and pepper.
Cut the pancetta into strips and fry for 1-2 minutes in clarified butter in a large (preferably nonstick) pan. Pour the batter over the pancetta, cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, until golden brown. Tear with forks into pieces. Sprinkle the cheese over the top, cover the pan and let melt.
Serve garnished with thyme sprigs.