Fried Mushrooms and Ham Rolls
- For the batter
- 200 grams Pastry flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 eggs
- 250 milliliters beer (or water)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- freshly ground pepper
- For the fondue
- 400 grams Oyster mushrooms
- 400 grams button Mushroom
- 200 grams cooked ham (sliced)
- 150 grams Mountain cheese (sliced)
- some fresh Sage
- 1 lemon
- some Lettuce
- 1 kilogram Vegetable fat
- For preparing
- little Wooden skewer
For the batter: Combine flour and cornstarch in a bowl. Separate eggs. Stir egg yolks, beer, oil, salt and pepper into flour mixture. Let rest for 30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile clean the fondue mushrooms, clean them and cut large mushrooms possibly less. Ham cut wide, the cheese into 2cm wide strips in 3 cm. The ham with cheese strips and each 1-2 sage leaves show along roll and pinning with wooden skewers.
For the fondue: Rinse and chop mushrooms. Cut ham and cheese into wide strips. Roll up ham, cheese and 1-2 sage leaves and secure with a wooden skewer.
Julienne lemon. Rinse lettuce leaves. Arrange mushrooms and ham rolls on lettuce leaves and garnish with lemon.
Heat fat in the fondue pot. Beat egg whites with a pinch of salt until stiff. Stir batter once vigorously and fold in whites. Stick mushrooms and ham rolls on fondue forks, then dredge through batter and fry until golden brown in hot fat. Remove, drain on paper towels and serve hot.