Chocolate-filled Walnut Cookie Bites
ready in 1 hr 12 min.
- For Cookies
- ½ cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 0.333 cup brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon Walnut liqueur (such as Nocello)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons Corn starch
- ½ cup shelled, finely chopped Walnut
- For Filling
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 cup chopped semi-sweet chocolate (may substitute semisweet)
- ½ cup finely chopped Walnut
- In Addition
- finely ground Walnut
In a mixing bowl, beat softened butter, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger, vanilla and walnut liqueur until light and fluffy.
Stir in the flour, cornstarch and chopped walnuts. Cover dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375º F. Lay out the walnut cookie molds.
Press a teaspoonful of chilled dough into the bottom and up the sides of each mold. Place molds on a baking sheet and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the edges of the cookies are golden brown. Let cool for 5 to 7 minutes in the mold, then push on the thick edge of each cookie and remove from mold. Cool completely on a wire rack.
In a medium saucepan, heat the cream and corn syrup over medium heat, until just steaming. Remove pan from heat source.
Add the chopped chocolate, stirring frequently until melted. Reheat briefly on low heat if the chocolate does not melt completely, but watch carefully.
Cool until the chocolate thickens, whisking frequently.
Spread the cooled chocolate filling on the flat side of each cookie. Let the cookies sit for 5 to 10 minutes or until the chocolate sets up. Sandwich the cookie halves together and roll the edges in chopped walnuts. Serve.