- 200 grams onions
- 2 tablespoons clarified butter
- 250 grams lean Pork belly
- 500 grams streaky Bacon
- 1 bunch Soup vegetables (carrot, leek, parsnip, or other aromatic vegetables such as celery or onion)
- 1 kilogram Rutabaga
- 500 grams starchy potatoes
- freshly ground peppers
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
Peel the onions, finley chop and sweat in a pan in hot clarified butter. Rinse the meat and bacon and pat dry. Add with 3/4 liters (approximately 3 cups) water to the onions and bring to a boil.
Peel, trim, and rinse the soup vegetables and finely chop. Add to the meat. Peel the rutabega and potatoes, rinse, cut into equal cubes and add to the meat after 10 minutes. Cover and cook for about 1 hour over medium heat.
Remove the meat and bacon and cut into small to medium cubes. Return to the pot. Season with salt and pepper and serve sprinkled with parsley.