Salmon with Lemon Sauce
- 4 Salmon (with skin, about 150 grams each)
- 1 lemon (zested, about 1 tablespoon)
- juice of lemons
- 3 Tbsps Lemon peel
- 3 Tbsps chopped Basil
- 250 milliliters Whipped cream
- 3 shallots (peeled and finely chopped)
- freshly ground peppers
- freshly grated Nutmeg
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- 400 grams fresh Gnocchi (from the refrigerated section)
Rinse salmon slices, pat dry and season with salt and pepper.
In a pan heat, 1 tablespoon butter. Add shallots and sauté until softened. Add grated lemon zest and cook briefly. Deglaze with lemon juice. Add cream and simmer over low heat until slightly reduced. Season with salt, pepper, basil and nutmeg.
Heat 3 tablespoons oil in a skillet over high heat. Add salmon slices and sauté, skin-side down, 2-3 min. Turn slices and sauté 1 minute more.
Cook gnocchi in melted butter until browned. Season with salt and pepper.
Serve salmon with lemon sauce and gnocchi. Garnish with lemon zest and basil and serve immediately.