Orange Carrot Cakes with Berries
- 1 egg
- 0.333 cup superfine caster sugar
- 0.333 cup sunflower oil
- 1 cup self-rising flour (sifted)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 carrots (coarsely grated)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 unwaxed Orange (finely grated zest)
Preheat the oven to 180°C (160° fan) 350°F gas 4. Place paper cases in 6 muffin tins.
Whisk together the eggs, sugar and oil in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
Gently fold in the flour, spices, grated carrot, vanilla and orange zest, until well combined.
Spoon into the paper cases and bake for 20-25 minutes until well risen and golden brown. Place on a wire rack to cool completely.
Sift a little icing sugar over the muffins and decorate with berries.