Lentils and Rice Indian-Style
- 200 grams festkochende potatoes
- 2 centimeters fresh ginger
- 2 garlic
- 4 onions
- 2 tablespoons Ghee
- 1 tablespoon Turmeric
- 2 teaspoons Garam Masala
- 1 teaspoon Chili powder
- ½ teaspoon Mustard seed
- 100 grams Mung bean (yellow lentils)
- 200 grams Basmati rice
- 600 milliliters Vegetable broth
- freshly ground peppers
- 6 tablespoons Natural yogurt
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped Fresh herbs (z. B. parsley, coriander, mint)
Peel, rinse and cut the potatoes into bite-sized cubes.
Peel and finely chop the ginger and garlic. Peel the onions, halve and cut into strips.
In a saucepan, heat the ghee and saute the garlic with the onions and ginger. Add the spices, sauté briefly and add the lentils. Add the broth, bring to a simmer over medium heat and cook for about 10 minutes. Then add the rice and potatoes and cook for a further 15-20 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste, arrange on plates and drizzle with yogurt. Dust with chili powder and freshly chopped herbs and serve.