Griddled Mexican Tacos
84 / 100
ready in 2 h. 55 min.
These tacos are a perfect combination of everything you need in your daily diet: protein, fats, and carbs. From the tortillas, meats, vegetables, and cheese, this meal will completely satisfy your body and your taste buds!
You can substitute your preferences of meat, vegetables, and cheeses, because this recipe is extremely variable.
Author of this recipe:
all recipes of this author
- 1 onion (peeled, roughly chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic cloves (peeled, roughly chopped)
- 4 red chili peppers (mild or not, halved)
- 4 slices Pork loin approx. 5 ounces each (or pork fillet)
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- For the salsa
- 1 Red onion (peeled, finely chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic cloves (peeled, finely chopped)
- 2 red chili peppers (either habaneros or a mild type, halved, chopped)
- 1 handful cilantro (chopped)
- 1 Lime (juice)
- To serve
- 16 small Corn tortilla (or wheat)
- 1 white onion (peeled, finely chopped)
- 2 handfuls cilantro (chopped)
- 1.333 cups Pineapple (chopped)
- 2 Limes (cut into wedges)
How healthy are the main ingredients?garlic clovegarlic cloveonionLimeLime
This dish is an original recipe and is very hot. Of course it is possible to use fewer chilli pods.
Bring approx. 8 ounces water to the boil with the onion, garlic, and chili. Remove from the heat and let infuse for about 10 minutes. Drain in a sieve, retaining the water.
Blend the onion mixture to a smooth paste with a little water and season with salt and ground black pepper. Rub the paste into the meat. Cover and leave to marinate in the fridge for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight.
For the salsa, place the prepared ingredients in a blender with the lime juice, salt and ground black pepper and puree to a smooth paste. Check the seasoning.
Remove the meat from the fridge about 30 minutes before cooking it. Heat the oil in a pan and fry the meat for 4-5 minutes (or grill it, if preferred). Fry the tortillas briefly in the hot oil on both sides.
Chop the meat and divide it onto the tortillas. Sprinkle over the onion, cilantro, and pineapple and serve with the salsa.