Golden Vegetarian Cakes
9,0 / 10
ready in 1 hr 10 min.
- 3.333 cups Pumpkin (e. g. butternut pumpkin)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 ½ cups chickpeas (tin, rinsed, drained)
- 1 ¾ cups breadcrumbs (approx.)
- 1 egg
- ½ bunch fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons Garam Masala
- 1 organic Lime (juice)
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
Heat the oven to 200°C (180°C in a fan oven), 400°F, gas 6.
Chop the pumpkin flesh into 2 cm cubes. Mix with the olive oil and place on a baking tray lined with baking parchment. Bake for approx. 25 minutes.
Remove the pumpkin from the oven, let cool and mash roughly with the chickpeas; some of the chickpeas should remain whole. Add the breadcrumbs, egg, coriander, garam masala, lime juice and mix well. Knead in the garlic.
Wet your hands slightly and form the mixture into small patties. Heat the oil in a pan and fry the patties on both sides until golden brown. Reduce the heat and continue to fry gently until the patties are cooked.
Drain the patties on kitchen paper and serve, garnished with lime wedges and coriander.