Golden Veggie Cakes
- For the batter
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 2 ½ tablespoons butter (melted)
- 2.333 cups all-purpose flour (sifted)
- 2 cups red Leicester cheese (or equivalent) finely grated
- ⅔ cup sun-dried tomatoes (chopped)
- 4 medium eggs
- 2 teaspoons Baking powder
- freshly ground Black pepper
- To garnish
- 2 tablespoons Celery
Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan) / 350°F / gas 4. Line a 12-hole muffin/cupcake cases with muffin cases.
In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs until light and frothy.
Add the flour, melted butter, sunflower oil and baking powder and beat again until smooth.
Fold in the grated cheese and sun-dried tomato and season well with salt and black pepper. Spoon the batter into the prepared cases.
Bake for 15-20 minutes until a cake tester comes out clean from their centres.
Remove from the oven and allow them to cool in the tins before turning out and removing from the cases.
Serve warm or cold, garnished with celery leaves.