for 4 servings
- 1 Cucumber (diced)
- 1 green Bell pepper (deseeded and cut into strips)
- 2 tomatoes (diced)
- 1 Red onion (sliced)
- 1 Romaine Lettuce heart (leaves torn into pieces)
- 2 tablespoons black Olives
- 2 tablespoons green Olives
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- 1 ½ cups Feta cheese (diced)
- 3 tablespoons Wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Caper
- 2 tablespoons chopped Basil
Mix together the cucumber, peppers, tomatoes, onion and lettuce.
Add the black and green olives, garlic and feta cheese. Peel the cucumber, halve lengthwise, scrape out the seeds and dice the flesh.
Put the vinegar and olive oil into a jar with the capers and a pinch of sugar and season with salt and ground black pepper. Seal and shake to mix.
Toss the dressing into the salad and serve sprinkled with the basil.