Classic BBQ Sauce
ready in 27 min.
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic cloves (peeled and finely chopped)
- 2 red chili peppers (washed and finely chopped)
- 1 ½ cups canned tomato puree
- 3 Tbsps Ketchup
- ¼ cup vegetable stock
- salt (to taste)
- freshly ground Black pepper (to taste)
- ½ tsp Celery seed
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- ½ tsp dry mustard powder
- Worcestershire sauce (to taste)
- Tabasco sauce (to taste)
How healthy are the main ingredients?Ketchupgarlic clovesalt
Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Saute the garlic and chili peppers until soft, tender and fragrant. Add the tomato puree, ketchup, and vegetable stock. Season with salt, pepper, celery seed, paprika, and dry mustard. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes.
Stir in Worcestershire and Tabasco® sauce to taste; let cool. Brush on grilled meats or spare ribs.