Chinese-style Spiced Duck
9,4 / 10
ready in 2 h. 35 min.
- 2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons Hoisin sauce
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 4 duck legs (approx. 250 g each, each cut into 3-4 pieces)
- 1 tablespoon Szechuan pepper
- 1 teaspoon Coriander
- ½ teaspoon peppercorns
- 1 Lettuce (finely sliced)
- 4 scallions (sliced into strips)
Mix together the garlic, hoisin sauce, soy sauce and sesame oil. Add the duck pieces and mix to coat. Cover and put to chill for at least 2 hours.
In a mortar, grind the Szechuan pepper with the coriander and peppercorns. Remove the duck from the marinade and rub all over with the pepper mixture. Grill on the hot barbecue, turning regularly, for 10-15 minutes. Make sure the heat isn't too high so as not to burn the spices.
Arrange the duck on a bed of lettuce and spring onions in small bowls. Serve with a dip and flatbread, if desired.