9,1 / 10
ready in 55 min.
- 2 cups canned chickpeas
- 1 onion (peeled and finely chopped)
- 1 clove garlic cloves (peeled and finely chopped)
- 4 cups potatoes (peeled)
- 2 Tbsps Ghee
- ½ tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger (grated)
- 1 Tbsp Garam Masala
- 1 Tbsp Chickpea flour
- 1 ⅔ cups vegetable stock
- 1.333 cups frozen, green peas (thawed)
- 2 tomatoes (washed; cored and diced)
- salt (to taste)
- cayenne pepper (to taste)
- ⅔ cup crumbled Feta (for garnish)
- Saffron (for garnish)
1 Small pot, 1 Skillet, 1 Small baking dish, 1 Small bowl, 1 Cutting board, 1 Large knife, 1 Small knife, 1 Tablespoon, 1 Teaspoon, 1 Peeler, 1 Whisk, 1 Slotted spatula, 1 Meat mallet, 1 Kitchen twine, 1 Plastic wrap, 1 Plate
Rinse the chickpeas in a colander under cold running water and let drain.
Cut the potatoes into bite-size cubes.
Heat the ghee in a large pot or skillet. Saute the onions until translucent, about for 4 minutes. Add the garlic, turmeric, ginger and garam masala, stir to incorporate. Add the chickpeas and cubed potatoes. Dust with chickpea flour and pour in the vegetable broth. Simmer for about 15 minutes. Add the green peas and tomatoes and simmer for an additional 8 to 10 minutes. Season with salt and cayenne pepper.
Spoon into individual bowls. Sprinkle with feta cheese and saffron threads. Serve.