Vegetable Salad with Quinoa
8,6 / 10
ready in 35 min.
Quinoa is a superfood and the only whole protein that's not an animal by-product. Combining with the vegetables makes this dish incredibely nutrient-dense.
Feel free to experiment with the vegetables you use in this recipe. For example, broccoli and carrots are particularly delicious in this recipe.
Author of this recipe:
all recipes of this author
- 2 cups Vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups Quinoa
- 2 cloves garlic cloves (peeled and pressed)
- 4 ozs Grape tomato (rinsed; trimmed and halved)
- 1 Cucumber (peeled and diced)
- ½ cup fresh Radish (washed; trimmed and sliced)
- 1 red Bell pepper (rinsed; trimmed and diced)
- 4 scallions rinsed; trimmed and finely chopped (white and pale green parts only)
- 1 cup pitted Kalamata Olive
- salt (to taste)
- freshly ground Black pepper (to taste)
- 1 Tbsp Lime juice
- 1 Tbsp good-quality olive oil
In a large saucepan, bring vegetable broth and water to a boil. Add the quinoa, cover, reduce heat and simmer for about 15 minutes, or until tender and the liquid is absorbed.
Combine the quinoa with the garlic, tomatoes, cucumber, radishes, bell pepper, scallions, and olives. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Drizzle with lime juice and olive oil. Gently toss and serve warm or chilled.