- 500 grams green Asparagus
- 2 red Bell peppers
- 5 Scallions (only the whites)
- 1 can Chickpeas (about 240 grams)
- 150 grams Quinoa
- 300 milliliters Vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons Olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon ground Cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon Lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped Fresh herbs (parsley and mint)
Rinse the asparagus, peel the bottom third, cut off ends and cut into 6 cm (approximately 2 inch) long pieces. Rinse bell peppers, dry, halve, and remove seeds and ribs. Rinse, trim and cut scallions into rings. Peel garlic and finely chop. Drain the chickpeas.
Rinse the quinoa under running water until it is clear. Boil the broth, add quinoa, cover over low heat and simmer for about 15 minutes. Remove from the heat, drain and let cool. Heat about 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan and fry the asparagus for about 7 minutes. Add the bell peppers, garlic and scallions and cook for another 3 minutes. Season with salt, pepper and cumin. Finally, add the lemon juice and lemon zest. Mix in the quinoa with the chopped herbs. Taste and serve in bowls.