Stuffed Turkey Breast with Veg Medley
8,7 / 10
ready in 2 h. 20 min.
- 26 ozs turkey breasts (ready to cook)
- For the filling
- 1 ¼ cups green peas (frozen, thawed)
- 1 ⅛ cups cream cheese
- 1 cup mixed Fresh herbs (e. g. thyme, rosemary, sage, parsley, basil, chopped)
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- 1 tsp Horseradish
- For the pea and mustard crust
- 1 Tbsp breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbsps coarse Mustard
- 2 cloves garlic cloves (crushed)
- 2 Tbsps sunflower oil
- 1 Tbsp mixed Fresh herbs (e. g. thyme, rosemary, sage, parsley, basil, chopped)
- 2 Tbsps vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1 ½ cups chicken stock
- 1 Leek (cut into medium-sized pieces)
- 1.333 cups green Asparagus (lower third peeled, woody ends cut off)
- 1.333 cups Green beans
- 2 Tbsps butter
- 1 cup carrots (sliced)
- 2 mini zucchini (halved lengthways)
How healthy are the main ingredients?Green beanscream cheesecarrotMustardgarlic cloveHorseradish
Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C in a fan oven), 400°F, gas 6.
Tenderise the meat between two layers of cling film until they are about 2 cm thick.
To make the filling, blanch the peas in boiling salt water for 3 min. Drain and rinse. Mix together 125 g peas with the remaining filling ingredients and season with with salt and ground black pepper.
Season the meat with salt and ground black pepper and spread with the filling. Roll up and tie with kitchen twine.
To make the crust, mush the remaining peas and the breadcrumbs in a mortar. Mix with the mustard and add the garlic. Add the oil and the herbs, stir well and season to taste.
Sear the roulade in hot oil. Spread the top side with the mustard mixture and then transfer to the oven for around 80-90 min. Baste with the stock every so often.
Blanche the asparagus, leek and beans in boiling salted water for 5 min. Drain and rinse well.
Heat the butter in a hot pan and fry the vegetables for 4-5 min, stirring continuously. Season with salt and ground black pepper.
If desired, bind the meat juices. Untie the meat and arrange the vegetables on a platter, slice the meat and arrange on top. Serve garnished with the herbs and serve the gravy separately.