Stir-fried Asian Vegetables
This quick and easy stir-fry is packed with nutrients, including phosphorus and zinc from the bok choy and vitamin A from the carrots. It's also very low in carbs and fat.
If you're not a vegetarian, throw some chicken into this stir fry to make it more filling and protein-packed.
- 4 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic (peeled, rinsed and chopped)
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated ginger
- 2 shallots (peeled and finely chopped)
- 3 cups Broccoli (cleaned, separated into florets, rinsed and drained)
- 1 ½ cups carrots (peeled and chopped into 2 inch long juliennes)
- 3 cups Bok Choy (rinsed, drained and chopped into| 3/4)
- 2 scallions (rinsed, cleaned and chopped into fine rings)
- ½ teaspoon ground Chinese 5 spice powder
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 generous pinch Corn starch
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons Vegetable broth
- ½ teaspoon Sambal oelek (chili paste)
Add the bok choy and spring onions and fry for a further 1-2 minutes, season with five-spice and cayenne pepper.