Spiced Sea Bass
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric
- 4 teaspoons Coriander
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- ½ teaspoon white peppercorns
- 100 grams Sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons Coconut flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried Curry leaves (Asia-Laden)
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 Red onions
- 2 garlic
- 2 tablespoons Peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons Tamarind paste
- 1 liter fish stock (homemade or from the glass)
- 4 Sea bass fillet (with skin à 160 grams)
Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a skillet, add the cayenne, turmeric, coriander, cumin, pepper, sesame seeds, coconut flakes and curry powder and cook, stirring until fragrant, about 1 minute, let cool. Set 1 1/2 teaspoons aside and crush the remainder in a mortar to a fine powder.
Heat the remaining oil in a skillet. Peel the onions, chop and saute until translucent and let cool.
Peel the garlic and chop finely. Puree the ground spices with the onions, the garlic, the peanut butter and tamarind paste in a blender, add the fish stock and season with salt and puree until smooth.
Heat the sauce in a wide skillet. Add the fish to the sauce, spooning the sauce over, cover and simmer gently over low heat until the fish is cooked through, about 8 minutes. Just before serving sprinkle the reserved spices over the dish.