Spiced Potato and Carrot Stew
8,4 / 10
- ¼ cup sunflower oil
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp black Poppy seeds
- 1 large, red chili pepper (cut in half)
- 2 cloves garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 tsp ground Cumin
- 1 tsp ground cilantro
- ½ tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- ½ tsp Chili powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 cups roasting potatoes (peeled and cut into chunks)
- 4 large carrots (, peeled and roughly chopped)
- Curry leaves
- 1.333 cups vegetable stock
Heat the sunflower oil in a large pan and saute the onion, poppy seeds and chili until softened and golden.
Add the garlic, all the spices, the bay leaf and 1 tsp of salt and stir well. Cook for 1 minute, then add the potatoes and carrots to the pan.
Add the stock and cook, covered, for 20-25 minutes until the potato is just breaking down. Serve hot.