Spiced Mexican Scallop Stir-fry
9,9 / 10
ready in 50 min.
- 3 cups large Scallop
- 2 teaspoons Chili powder (divided)
- salt (to taste)
- freshly ground Black pepper (to taste)
- 3 tablespoons good quality olive oil (divided)
- 1 onion (peeled and chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic (peeled and minced)
- 1 large, red Bell pepper (rinsed; trimmed; seeded and chopped)
- 2 Jalapeño (rinsed; seeded and sliced into rings)
- 1 cup Corn kernel (fresh or frozen)
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes (rinsed and halved)
- 2 scallions (rinsed and chopped)
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped, fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped, fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons chopped, fresh cilantro
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 fresh lemon (rinsed and sliced into wedges)
Rinse the scallops under cold running water and pat completely dry with paper towels. Dust lightly with chili powder and season with salt and pepper. Marinate for 10 minutes.
Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet. Saute the onions until tender crisp, about 3 minutes. Add garlic, peppers and remaining chili powder, saute for an additional 3 minutes. Add corn, tomatoes, scallions, parsley, rosemary, thyme, cilantro and cayenne pepper, stirring to incorporate. Cook for several minutes until desired doneness. Taste and season with salt and pepper, if desired.
Heat remaining tablespoon of olive oil in a grill pan set over high heat. Add scallops and sear until a golden crust forms, turning once, about 2 minutes on each side.
Divide vegetables among serving plates and top with scallops. Serve with lemon wedges.