ready in 27 min.
- 12 pre-made, frozen pierogis
- 8 ozs boneless, skinless Chicken breasts (halves)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 red Bell pepper (rinsed; seeded and sliced into strips)
- 1 yellow Bell pepper (rinsed; seeded and sliced into strips)
- 3 cloves garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen Broccoli (floret)
- 1 cup edible peas
- 1 ½ cups Pineapple (drained)
- ¼ cup white wine
- Lemon pepper (to taste)
How healthy are the main ingredients?Chicken breastBroccoligarlic cloveolive oilonion
Cook the pierogi according to package instructions.
Rinse the chicken under cold running water and pat dry with paper towels. Cut into bite-size pieces. Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan. Add the chicken, onion, peppers and garlic and saute over medium heat for 5 minutes or until the vegetables are soft and the chicken is cooked through.
Add the broccoli florets, pea pods, pineapple chunks and white wine. Saute until broccoli and pea pods are just tender.
Add the pierogi and season generously with lemon pepper. Saute until heated through and wine has completely evaporated.
Divide among plates and serve.