- 6 Pickled herring
- 1 yellow Bell pepper
- 1 Red Bell pepper
- 150 grams Button mushrooms
- 150 grams Bacon (thick slices)
- 100 grams Cheese (thick slices, z. B. Gouda, Emmental)
- 1 Onion
- freshly ground Pepper
- 3 tablespoons Pastry flour
- 2 Eggs
- 75 grams Breadcrumbs
- Vegetable oil (for cooking)
Cut herring into bite-sized pieces.
Rinse and halve bell peppers, remove seeds and ribs and cut into bite-sized pieces.
Cut bacon and cheese into cubes.
Peel onion, cut into quarters and separate into individual pieces.
Thread all ingredients on 8 skewers, season with pepper and a little salt, sprinkle with flour. Dip into beaten eggs and coat with breadcrumbs. Heat oil in a pan and cook for about 3-4 minutes until golden brown on all sides. Drain on paper powels. Arrange on plates and serve.