Shrimp and Mango Salsa Soft Tacos
ready in 57 min.
- For Mango Salsa
- 2 Mangoes (peeled; seeded and diced)
- ½ cup finely chopped, red Bell pepper
- ¼ cup finely chopped, fresh cilantro (plus extra sprigs to garnish)
- ½ cup finely chopped Red onions
- ¼ cup Lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- kosher salt (to taste)
- freshly ground Black pepper (to taste)
- For Grilled Shrimp
- 16 large, uncooked shrimp
- 1 tablespoon fresh Lime juice
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic (peeled and minced)
- 1 tablespoon fresh, minced cilantro
- 1 teaspoon Black pepper
- Oil (for grill grate)
For Mango Salsa:
In a medium bowl, combine mango, red bell pepper, cilantro, onion, lime juice and lemon juice. Gently toss to thoroughly mix. Cover, and chill for 30 minutes before serving, to incorporate flavors.
For Grilled Shrimp:
Rinse shrimp under cold running water. Peel and devein shrimp. Place cleaned shrimp in a mixing bowl, drizzle with lime juice; add creole seasoning, garlic, cilantro and pepper. Mix well using a wooden spoon and set aside for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, prepare the grill for direct grilling and preheat to high. Brush the grill grate with oil.
Grill the shrimp for 2 to 3 minutes per side, turning with tongs, or until the shrimp turn light pink and opaque. Do not over cook.
Lightly toast the tortillas on the grill for about 15 to 20 seconds per side.
Place the tortillas on a serving plate and fill with shrimp, shredded lettuce, shredded cabbage and mango salsa. Drizzle with lime juice, if desired. Serve.