Rustic Country Rice Dish
8,1 / 10
ready in 55 min.
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (finely chopped)
- olive oil
- 1 ½ cups short grain rice
- ⅔ cup dry white wine
- 3 ½ cups vegetable stock
- ½ green zucchini (thinly sliced)
- ½ yellow zucchini (sliced)
- 2 red tomatoes (peeled and diced)
- 2 yellow tomatoes (peeled and diced)
- 1 stick Celery (thinly sliced)
- 1 bunch Purslane
- 3 tablespoons fresh Parmesan (grated)
Fry the onion and the garlic in 2 tbsp oil. Add the rice, fry for a few minute then add half the wine. Stirring continuously, allow the rice to absorb the wine and then add the rest of the wine. Allow the rice to absorb this and then add a ladle of stock so that the rice is just covered. Gradually add the remaining stock and simmer, stirring continuously until the rice is al dente.
Fry the courgette in 3 tbsp oil until golden. Remove from the pan and pat dry with kitchen paper.
Stir the tomatoes, courgette, celery, purslane and the Parmesan into the rice and season with salt and ground black pepper. Arrange on preheated plates and serve.