Rustic Country Bean Casserole
8,5 / 10
ready in 50 min.
- 1 ¼ cups dried navy bean (soaked overnight and drained)
- 2 onions (peeled and finely chopped)
- 1 clove garlic cloves (peeled and finely chopped)
- 3 ½ ounces smoked Bacon (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 7 ounces String bean (rinsed and halved)
- 2 ½ cups Vegetable broth
- 2 sprigs fresh Savory (leaves plucked)
Cook the beans in 1 l | 1 quart of water for around 30 minutes over a low heat until soft.
Fry the onions, garlic and bacon in hot oil for 1-2 minutes, add the string beans and vegetable broth, cover and simmer for around 8 minutes.
Stir in the drained white beans and savory leaves and season to taste with salt and pepper.