Polenta Vegetable Gratin
8,5 / 10
- 180 grams Polenta
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 Tbsps olive oil
- 500 milliliters Vegetable broth
- butter (for the pan)
- 1 finely chopped shallot
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 red paprika (halved, seeded and finely diced)
- ½ tsp sweet ground paprika
- 1 generous pinch Cumin
- 1 generous pinch cayenne pepper
- salt (and pepper)
- 80 grams coarsely grated Gruyere
- 2 Tbsps finely chopped parsley
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped oregano
- lemon Juice
- lemons (zest)
- 200 grams zucchini (cut into thin strips)
Saute the thyme in 1 tablespoon of oil and pour in the vegetable broth. Stir in the polenta. Cook briefly, stirring constantly. Lower the heat and allow the polenta to swell for about 10 minutes. Spread in a buttered baking dish, smooth and let cool slightly.
Saute the shallot, pressed garlic and diced pepper in the remaining oil. Season with the paprika, cumin, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper. Simmer for about 3 minutes. Stir in the cheese, lemon zest and herbs.
Season the zucchini with lemon juice and salt. Spread the zucchini slices on the polenta. Spread the cheese mixture on top of the zucchini. Bake for about 20 minutes at 200°C (approximately 400°F). Serve immediately.