Mongolian Hot Pot
8,8 / 10
ready in 3 h. 10 min.
- For the chicken soup
- 1 cup Mirepoix (chopped)
- 2 onions
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cloves
- ½ tsp peppercorns
- 1 spring chicken (approx. 1.4 kg, ready-to-cook)
- For the fondue
- 2 cups Veal fillet (diced)
- 2 cups Chicken breasts (diced)
- 1 Leek (sliced)
- 1 ¾ cups carrots (sliced)
- 3 cups Mushrooms (halved)
- 1 ⅔ cups zucchini (sliced)
- 1.333 cups Broccoli (broken into florets)
- 1 yellow pepper (cut into strips)
- 1.333 cups Prawn (peeled, entrails removed)
- 1.333 cups mussels (debearded, open ones discarded)
Place the mirepoix, onions, bay leaf, cloves, peppercorns and the chicken into a large pot. Add 2.5 litres water and a good pinch of salt and bring to the boil. Then cook gently on a medium heat for 2-2.5 hours. Scoop the foam off every so often.
Sieve the soup and remove the chicken. Place all the desired ingredients in bowls on the table and pour the chicken soup into a fondue pot. Bring to the boil on a rechaud and skewer the ingredients of fondue forks and cook in the soup. Serve with dips.