Meat and Soft Cheese Patties
- 1 day-old Bread roll
- 1 beefsteak tomato (diced)
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 4 garlic cloves (two finely chopped, two sliced)
- 3 ⅓ cups minced mixed Meat
- ⅔ cup sheep cheese (crumbled)
- 1 Tbsp Crème fraiche
- 2 egg yolks
- ½ tsp grated lemon zest
- 2 sprigs mint (six leaves cut into strips)
- Oil (for frying)
Soften the roll in lukewarm water.
Set aside 1 tbsp of the diced tomato and mix the rest with the onion, chopped garlic and the minced meat.
Mix the cheese with the creme fraiche and stir in the egg yolks and the lemon zest.
Add the six chopped mint leaves and the cheese mixture to the meat mixture, season with salt and ground black pepper, knead well and shape into 12 burgers.
Fry in hot oil on each side for 3-4 minutes until golden brown. Add the sliced garlic and the tomato cubes and serve garnished with the remaining mint leaves.