Healthy Salmon and Rice Bowls
1 hr 30 min.
for 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 shallots (finely chopped)
- 1 ½ cups red Wild rice (rinsed thoroughly)
- 3 cups gluten-free vegetable stock
- 16 ounces skinless Salmon fillet (pin-boned)
- 16 ounces tenderstem Broccoli
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free, steel-cut Oats (to garnish)
- freshly ground Black pepper
Heat the oil in a large saucepan set over a medium heat until hot. Add the shallot and sweat for 3 - 4 minutes, stirring frequently.
Add the rice and continue to cook for 2 minutes until starting to dry out. Cover with the stock and bring to a steady boil.
Cover with a lid and cook over a low heat for 45 - 55 minutes until tender. Set aside and leave covered for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, preheat the grill to hot. Season the salmon with salt and pepper and arrange on a grilling tray. Grill for 8 - 10 minutes until firm yet slightly springy to the touch.
Remove from the grill and set aside to cool. Blanch the broccoli in a large saucepan of salted, boiling water for 3 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside.
Fluff the rice with a fork and season to taste with lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Add the broccoli and toss well to combined.
Divide between plates and flake the salmon on top before serving with a garnish of steel-cut oats.